Wednesday, September 1, 2010

this autumn I plan to


Two weeks ago, whilst at Ombo, it was still absolutely summer. During the last week it has changed; mornings and evenings have that special early autumn chill in the air. I like it, yet I'm not ready to let go of all the lovely summer light. I know it's inevitable... and in my part of the world, autumn officially started today, September 1st. So here is a list to help me easy into the new season:

this autumn I plan to

- bake apple cake with apples from our garden
- watch season 2 of True Blood + Sons of Anarchy + Californication + maybe some 24 (I love TV series on DVD)
- add more movies to the right hand side sidebar
- be sad that there is no third season of Lipstick Jungle, instead I will finally watch the second Sex and the City movie (on dvd)
- continue to walk to the office every day, even on those very wet, grey days
- find a way to deal with my wrist tendinitis (unfortunately I think it means much less time in front of the computer, including working on my photos - I will of course still take photos, but it means quality instead of quantity)
- wear my tartan coat
- get the most out of sunny days by being outside
- try to embrace the lack of light in the shorter days by shooting film with iso 400+
- continue to clear out my old magazines (and maybe announce a magazine give away/pick up)
- maybe pick up a paint brush and add a bit of that yellow to our home
- make stews and soups
- read books
- celebrate my birthday in a foreign country
- work out, because I know it's good for my physical and mental health + I hope it will keep autumn/winter blues far away
- light the fireplace every day
- bring blankets and hot drinks to the garden
- spend a weekend at the mountain cabin

How about you, what are your plans for the autumn? Let us read your lists!

PS: I'm not closing my summer set on Flickr yet, because I still have summer shots to show you. I might slowly open the autumn set though...

No comments:

Post a Comment