Tuesday, March 1, 2011

new Blurb book: 30 days of winter


Finally, here is the project I mentioned before; a new Blurb photo book called 30 days of winter.

In December 2010 I received a package from Mallorca, Spain. It was a Christmas card and a film from my friend Lorena Arance, whom I’ve met online through Flickr and blogging. We share a passion for shooting film and Lorena sent me one of her favorites – a German film called Müller 200. In return I decided to do a special project of everyday life journaling, which I know Lorena adores.

I loaded this Müller 200 iso film in my Minolta SRT 101 camera on December 29 and took one photo every day until the film was finished. Each day I made a note of what I had photographed and wrote a few words about that day. The result is a record of 30 days of winter on the west coast of Norway.

The book is 36 pages, square format, soft cover. It is available here in my Blurb bookstore. You can view a little preview here and I have uploaded a few of the photos from the book to this set on Flickr.

Edit: Lorena wrote a very sweet post about this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment