Monday, April 4, 2011

Katarina shoots film


Why do you shoot film, Katarina?

It feels natural to me, real. I've started with film, and since then I haven't found anything that would capture the atmosphere, the light and the overall feeling in the way film does. It gives me just what I want, and more, and it provides more room for experiments - there's so many options you can choose from - 35mm, medium format (my favourite), polaroid... I'm still looking for "the one" I'll stick with in the future, and the process is so much fun. Each film has its own characteristics - depth, colours, textures... I like playing around, discovering which one fits my own aesthetics most.

I use both analog and digital, in the end it's about knowing what you want to do and then choosing the right tool to help you enhance your vision and make it real - it shouldn't be the other way around, in my opinion.


You can see more of Katarina's photos on her website and blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment