Thursday, May 26, 2011

thanks + dinners


Thank you so much for all your sweet and kind wishes on my pregnancy yesterday. I really appreciate it. Naturally there will be a few baby related posts here on hei Astrid in the future, but it won't turn into a baby/mommy blog. I will still post about all the other things I care about too - like food.

I enjoyed doing The Dinner Project a lot. After I stopped doing it I kind of lost focus on dinners, especially after I got pregnant. I feel like I have hardly cooked at all, and if I've made anything I've made hot dogs - with ice cream for dessert. A huge hit for this pregnant lady. At one point I'll be inspired to get into the kitchen again. I hope.

Here are some recent (and not so recent) dinner highlights

- couscous salad with diced pan fried chicken filet with Santa Maria chili explosion spices, tomatoes, squash, leek, pomegranate and fresh coriander (inspired by this)

- roasted chicken with a spicy mango stuffing

- homemade pytt-i-panne with vossakorv

- red chicken curry (photo above) made with chicken filets, carrots, red and green bell pepper, onion, spring onion, cremini mushrooms, curry paste, coconut milk and fresh coriander

- my go to salmon pasta made with salmon filets, a store bought pasta sauce with cheese and herbs (this one), cream, green bell pepper, leek, store bought fresh spaghetti and freshly ground pepper (I should have added garlic, but forgot about it) (photo here)

By the way, The Dinner Project book is still available in my Blurb book store.

PS: I have made a new blogroll for pregnancy, baby, kids, motherhood and family related blogs and websites. You find it in the sidebar to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment