Saturday, January 29, 2011

New York: the things we did not do



Canon EOS 500N, Kodak Ektar 100

We saw Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps last night, and the only thing I liked about it was the location - New York - which reminded me of this post that I planned to write. New York is an amazing city that I would LOVE to go back to. So here are some things we did not do during our visit in October, that I would like to do the next time we visit:

- we spent too little time in Brooklyn (we had lunch at Grimaldi's and dinner at Vinegar Hill House), so I would love to explore Brooklyn much more
- taste Mast Brother's Chocolate
- see Manhattan from a boat, for example the Staten Island Ferry
- a lot of people have recommended the city tour buses, so I think I would like to check it out
- see a Broadway show
- amateur night at the Apollo
- visit jazz clubs
- visit MoMA again (in the morning, when I'm not already filled up with other impressions)
- visit The Met and other galleries in general
- try out even more of Brian's excellent restaurant tips; Momofuku, Shopsins and Katz's Deli
- check out more of the Michelin guide's restaurant recommendations
- have another meal at Pastis, The Spotted Pig, The Standard Grill and Shake Shack (links here)
- visit Eataly
- see the city from above during daytime (we only did it at night)
- have a picnic in Central Park
- just walk the streets and explore
- maybe visit Coney Island
- attend a Sunday service in a Harlem church
- visit the New York Public Library
- maybe do a little shopping...

Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment