Wednesday, December 29, 2010

the reflected proof


Everyone who knows me, know I’m an organized girl. Therefore it is no surprise that my photo archives are neat and tidy. Each folder is labeled with date and appropriate keyword(s). Folders containing film photos are also labeled with type of film and camera.

I picked up a new film from the lab today; an expired Kodak Press Chrome 100 slide film. (I have only found this source about it online.) It seems to be a beautiful film and I'm mostly happy with the results of the roll, but I think the fact that it is expired makes it grainier than it should be. It has been a little while since I finished the film, so it bugged me that I had forgotten which camera I used. Before I got the Minolta SRT 101, the answer was easy; 95 % of the films were shot with the Canon EOS 500N. Now I have a feeling the Minolta will take its place. When I saw this end of the roll shot I found peace of mind ;-)

Edit, replies to comments:

Kitchu:
Shooting slide film is not different from shooting "normal" film. All films have different capabilities when it comes to color tones, grain, sharpness etc. In my experience slide film have a superb ability to capture light.

Kevin asked:
Do you scan your own shots and if so, what scanner do you recommend. Also, do you use Lightroom or Aperture to organize or is it with your standard operating system?

I'm lazy; the photo lab scans my films. I have no clue about scanners. I do not use either Lightroom or Aperture; I use my own manual folder system. I name folders with date first and then keyword, for example "241210 Christmas Eve". That way the folders are sorted chronologically. Folders are then sorted into months and years.

No comments:

Post a Comment