Wednesday, December 15, 2010

frosty



November 2010 | Minolta SRT 303, Fuji Superia X-tra 800

The snow that came in the beginning of the month have been washed away by icy cold December rain. Bergen is back to its normal gray state. Walking has become an extreme sport because of the wafer thin layer of ice in the streets, and our garden is back to being rather green and frosty like in the photos above. I do miss those beautiful cold days, but I don't complain.

The only thing I worry about is the tulip bulbs. I bought them as a travel gift for Sølve at Schihol airport in Amsterdam - the capital of tulip country - on the layover on my way home from Cognac in September. We did not get around to planting them before the frost set in - will I ever get them in the ground before spring arrives? I guess I can just plant them in a box or urn or something, but I will for sure miss our big tulip bed - as seen below.



May 2010 | Canon EOS 500N, Kodak Portra 160vc

our garden

No comments:

Post a Comment