Wednesday, November 3, 2010

room 501

I did quite a lot of research online to find the right hotel for our New York trip. Sølve and I both wanted something that is more than just a bed, if you understand what I mean.







The Standard Hotel, The Cooper Square Hotel, Hotel on Rivington, Hudson, The Maritime Hotel, Thompson LES and 6 Columbus were all on my shortlist, but in the end we decided they were all too expensive, especially for six nights. Ace were number one on my list for a long time, but I'm very happy we chose The Jane - found through my online research + tips from my friends Brian and Rick.

The location in West Village was really perfect and we both loved the style of the hotel. We stayed in a Captain's Cabin - seen above - with fabulous views of the Hudson River, skyscrapers and the Statue of Liberty. The rainfall showerhead, robes and C.O. Bigelow products in the bathroom were equally lovely. A small minus was the noisy air condition, but other than that we were super happy. The Jane is recommended!





We absolutely enjoyed the hotel's Cafe Gitane, which I'll tell you more about later. We also had a very late nightcap at the Ballroom. I wish I had gone back to take a close look at the interior...

Film: Kodak Ektar 100 + Kodak Portra 160vc (the bottom one is digital)

No comments:

Post a Comment